Abbreviated version travel guidelines for all ACME Corporation US and Canadian employees traveling internationally and within North America.
- When traveling, lowest cost options should be considered including public transportation
- Short term parking is not allowed
- Utilize taxi service if more economical
- Our preferred parking provider is Park ‘N Fly, daily rates will be reimbursable for up to $25 USD per day
- Other off-airport parking lots may be considered if a Parking Spot is not available
- Employees are encouraged to use on-line check-in whenever possible.
- Fees are reimbursable for 1 bag for a period of 2 nights or more; only if employee is traveling solely for business purposes.
- Fees are reimbursable for 2 bags for a period of 5 nights or more; only if employee is traveling solely for business purposes.
- Lost luggage is the responsibly of the airline and procedures for filing claims of the carriers should be followed.
- ACME Corporation is not responsible for loss of or damage to personal items.
- Fees for in-flight Internet and phone charges are reimbursable up to the daily limits:
- United States: $15 USD daily limit
- Non U.S.: up to $25 USD daily limit
- Combined hotel access and in-flight charges may not exceed the daily limit.
- Annual passes for in-flight Internet are not eligible for reimbursement.
Worldwide emergency travel assistance services are available to you when traveling for business or pleasure in a foreign country or just 100 miles or more away from home. Our emergency travel assistance includes:
- Hospital admission coordination
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Medically supervised transportation home
- Legal and interpreter referrals
- Prescription replacement assistance
- Multilingual crisis management professionals
- Medical referrals to Western-trained, English-speaking medical providers
- Care and transport of unattended minor children
- Check the vehicle for damages at time of check-in and return.
- Do not accept the fuel purchase option at time of rental.
- ACME Corporation employees renting a vehicle in the US for business purposes, are covered under the company’s international automobile insurance policy.
- Decline all insurance coverage.
- If traveling with non-ACME Corporation employee, PAI should be purchased.
- ACME Corporation employees renting a vehicle in any other country other then the US and Canada MUST purchase the minimum automobile insurance coverage offered
- Do not accept a vehicle with computerized navigation system option; may exceed basic rate.
- In case of an accident:
- Report to the rental care company
- Whenever possible, obtain a police report
Reimbursable lodging expenses include:
- Room charges and parking expenses, plus applicable taxes
- Dry cleaning or laundry, out of town more than seven (7) days
- Health club/gym fees of not more than $15 USD per day
- if out of town more than three (3)days
- only if hotel does not offer free health club/gym service
- In-room food charges, within guidelines of daily per diem
- Internet connection fees (if not included in rate). Reimbursable as follows:
- United States: up to $15 USD daily limit
- Non U.S.: up to $25 USD daily limit
- Non-reimbursable expenses:
- In-room movies
- Telephone calls made from hotel room
- Actual cost of breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the employee is reimbursable up to $40 USD per day.
- Higher cost of living cities such as New York Metro Area, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Los Angeles, Boston, or Chicago, cost is reimbursable up to $55 USD per day.
- Excessive tipping is not reimbursable. Guidelines for tipping in the US:
- Cabs: 10-15% of the fare
- Luggage transfers: $1.00-$2.00 USD per bag
- Meals: 15-18%
- Valet parking/Hotel doorman: $1.00-$2.00 USD
- Hotel housekeeper/room attendant: $1.00 USD per day
- Follow local guidelines for international tipping.